Putin urges all responsible for Libya deaths to pray
BRDO PRI KRANJU, Slovenia, March 22
BRDO PRI KRANJU, Slovenia, March 22 (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday that all those responsible for civilian casualties in Libya should pray for the salvation of their own souls.
Putin also played down signs of a rift with President Dmitry Medvedev over the U.N. Security Council resolution authorising armed intervention in Libya, saying the president is responsible for foreign policy "and there can be no division there".
(Reporting by Gleb Bryanski; Writing by Steve Gutterman; Editing by Alexei Anishchuk and Thomas Grove)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat