Official death toll from Japan quake & tsunami tops 9,000: Kyodo
TOKYO (Reuters) - The official death toll from the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan earlier in the month has now exceeded 9,000, Kyodo news agency quoted the national police as saying on Tuesday.
Domestic media has reported over 20,000 people have died or are still unaccounted for.
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid