The Rock in talks for "Snitch" action thriller
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in negotiations to star in "Snitch," an action thriller that Ric Roman Waugh is writing and directing for Exclusive Media.
The project has been long in development and at one point was set up at New Line with Carl Franklin directing.
The script centers on a suburban father who is hit hard when his teenage son is sentenced to 30 years under mandatory minimum drug laws. In order to reduce his son's sentence, the father goes undercover to help nab a senior drug dealer. The story is based on a "Frontline" documentary.
Waugh has shown his gritty mettle writing and directing the gritty crime drama "Felon," which starred Val Kilmer and Stephen Dorff.
Johnson, who oscillates between family movies and hard-edged action films, is in his battle mode. He last starred in CBS Films' "Faster" and will next be seen alongside Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in "Fast Five," Universal's fifth installment of the Fast and Furious franchise.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’