Radiation at 500 microsieverts/hr at Japan No. 2 unit
TOKYO (Reuters) - Radiation at the crippled Fukushima No.2 nuclear reactor was recorded at 500 microsieverts per hour on March 18, Japan's nuclear safety agency said on Wednesday.
Engineers have been trying to fix the plant's cooling system after restoring lighting on Tuesday.
(Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more