Doctor says Libyan tanks nearing Misrata hospital
BEIRUT (Reuters) - A doctor in the rebel-held city of Misrata in Libya said on Wednesday government forces were closing in on the hospital where locals had described difficult conditions in recent days.
"Government tanks are closing in on Misrata hospital and shelling the area," said the doctor who was briefly reached by phone before the line was cut off.
(Reporting by Mariam Karouny; writing by Adam Tanner)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow