Syrian forces open fire at protesters in Deraa
DERAA, Syria (Reuters) - Syrian security forces opened fire Wednesday on hundreds of youths who marched on Deraa in solidarity with the city after the killing of six civilians, witnesses said, in the sixth day of protests.
"The security forces fired as they came from the north, bodies fell in the streets," one of the witnesses said.
(Reporting by Suleiman al-Khaldi; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill