Syrian forces open fire at protesters in Deraa
DERAA, Syria (Reuters) - Syrian security forces opened fire Wednesday on hundreds of youths who marched on Deraa in solidarity with the city after the killing of six civilians, witnesses said, in the sixth day of protests.
"The security forces fired as they came from the north, bodies fell in the streets," one of the witnesses said.
(Reporting by Suleiman al-Khaldi; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |