Mortgage applications rose last week: MBA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Applications for U.S. home mortgages ticked higher last week, while demand for refinancing rose for the third week in a row, an industry group said on Wednesday.
The Mortgage Bankers Association said its seasonally adjusted index of mortgage application activity, which includes both refinancing and home purchase demand, rose 2.7 percent in the week ended March 18.
The MBA's seasonally adjusted index of refinancing applications and the gauge of loan requests for home purchases both rose 2.7 percent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel