Mortgage applications rose last week: MBA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Applications for U.S. home mortgages ticked higher last week, while demand for refinancing rose for the third week in a row, an industry group said on Wednesday.
The Mortgage Bankers Association said its seasonally adjusted index of mortgage application activity, which includes both refinancing and home purchase demand, rose 2.7 percent in the week ended March 18.
The MBA's seasonally adjusted index of refinancing applications and the gauge of loan requests for home purchases both rose 2.7 percent.
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official