Mortgage applications rose last week: MBA
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Applications for U.S. home mortgages ticked higher last week, while demand for refinancing rose for the third week in a row, an industry group said on Wednesday.
The Mortgage Bankers Association said its seasonally adjusted index of mortgage application activity, which includes both refinancing and home purchase demand, rose 2.7 percent in the week ended March 18.
The MBA's seasonally adjusted index of refinancing applications and the gauge of loan requests for home purchases both rose 2.7 percent.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |