Cricket-New Zealand beat South Africa to reach World Cup semis
DHAKA, March 25
DHAKA, March 25 (Reuters) - New Zealand beat South Africa by 49 runs to reach the semi-finals of the World Cup on Friday.
The Africans have now lost five successive World Cup knockout matches dating back to 1992.
New Zealand will face either co-hosts Sri Lanka or England in the last-four match in Colombo next Tuesday.
(Editing by Pritha Sarkar; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai