Syrian information minister says situation is calm
BEIRUT, March 25
BEIRUT, March 25 (Reuters) - The situation is calm in Syria, al-Arabiya television quoted the information minister as saying on Friday, as protests spread across the country.
"The situation is completely calm in all parts of the country, the television station quoted Information Minister Muhsin Bilal as saying.
It was not clear when he was speaking.
Protests spread beyond the southern town of Deraa on Friday, challenging the rule of the Assad family after their forces killed dozens of demonstrators in the south.
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions