US OKs 6th deepwater drill permit since BP spill
WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. Interior Department said on Friday it had approved a permit for Statoil (STL.OL) to drill for oil in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
It was the sixth such permit issued by the government since the BP oil spill. (Reporting by Tom Doggett; Editing by Dale Hudson)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse