US OKs 6th deepwater drill permit since BP spill
WASHINGTON, March 25 (Reuters) - The U.S. Interior Department said on Friday it had approved a permit for Statoil (STL.OL) to drill for oil in the deep waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
It was the sixth such permit issued by the government since the BP oil spill. (Reporting by Tom Doggett; Editing by Dale Hudson)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data