No need for OPEC meeting before June- Qatar oil min
DOHA, March 27
DOHA, March 27 (Reuters)- There is no need for OPEC to hold a meeting before June as the market is in a comfortable position, Qatar's Energy Minister said on Sunday.
"We can't see the real need [for a meeting] because the market is in a comfortable situation," Mohammed Saleh al-Sada told Reuters on the sidelines of an industry event in Doha.
Oil prices had edged lower in light profit-taking on Friday, but ended higher on the week, as supply threats from the Middle East and Libya and the ongoing crisis in Japan sidelined many players. (Reporting by Regan E. Doherty; Editing by Amena Bakr)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea |