No need for OPEC meeting before June- Qatar oil min
DOHA, March 27
DOHA, March 27 (Reuters)- There is no need for OPEC to hold a meeting before June as the market is in a comfortable position, Qatar's Energy Minister said on Sunday.
"We can't see the real need [for a meeting] because the market is in a comfortable situation," Mohammed Saleh al-Sada told Reuters on the sidelines of an industry event in Doha.
Oil prices had edged lower in light profit-taking on Friday, but ended higher on the week, as supply threats from the Middle East and Libya and the ongoing crisis in Japan sidelined many players. (Reporting by Regan E. Doherty; Editing by Amena Bakr)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image