No need for OPEC meeting before June- Qatar oil min
DOHA, March 27
DOHA, March 27 (Reuters)- There is no need for OPEC to hold a meeting before June as the market is in a comfortable position, Qatar's Energy Minister said on Sunday.
"We can't see the real need [for a meeting] because the market is in a comfortable situation," Mohammed Saleh al-Sada told Reuters on the sidelines of an industry event in Doha.
Oil prices had edged lower in light profit-taking on Friday, but ended higher on the week, as supply threats from the Middle East and Libya and the ongoing crisis in Japan sidelined many players. (Reporting by Regan E. Doherty; Editing by Amena Bakr)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies