Chinatrust to pay $180 mln for Metlife Taiwan unit-sources
TAIPEI, March 28
TAIPEI, March 28 (Reuters) - Chinatrust Financial , Taiwan's top credit card issuer, has agreed to buy Metlife's insurance assets in Taiwan for $180 million, three sources close to the situation said on Monday.
Both companies are set to hold a news conference later on Monday to announce the deal, two of the sources said. No further details were immediately available. (Reporting by Faith Hung and Rachel Lee in Taipei and Denny Thomas in Hong Kong; Editing by Jonathan Standing)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'