Warner Bros to rent 5 more movies on Facebook
(Reuters) - U.S. film studio Warner Brothers said it would offer five additional movies for rent on social networking website Facebook, a further sign of intensifying competition in renting out movies on the Internet.
Warner Bros, a unit of Time Warner Inc, said the films on offer would be "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," "Inception," "Life as We Know It" and "Yogi Bear."
Earlier this month, Warner Bros said it would make some of its movies available on Facebook, where consumers can pay the rent using Facebook Credits, a virtual currency so far used mainly in social games on the site.
(Reporting by Megha Mandavia; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's racist remarks dim Republican support
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |