Warner Bros to rent 5 more movies on Facebook
(Reuters) - U.S. film studio Warner Brothers said it would offer five additional movies for rent on social networking website Facebook, a further sign of intensifying competition in renting out movies on the Internet.
Warner Bros, a unit of Time Warner Inc, said the films on offer would be "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," "Inception," "Life as We Know It" and "Yogi Bear."
Earlier this month, Warner Bros said it would make some of its movies available on Facebook, where consumers can pay the rent using Facebook Credits, a virtual currency so far used mainly in social games on the site.
(Reporting by Megha Mandavia; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow