Tom Hanks to appear on "30 Rock"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tom Hanks is set to guest-star on "30 Rock," following in the footsteps of fellow Oscar winners such as Whoopi Goldberg and Susan Sarandon.
Details about his appearance on the NBC sitcom were not known. Hanks revealed the casting in an excited Twitter message that read, "I'm on 30 Rock!"
Hanks, who most recently executive produced HBO's Emmy-winning miniseries "The Pacific," got his start on the small screen playing Buffy Wilson/Kip Wilson on the 1980s sitcom "Bosom Buddies."
Other high-profile guests on "30 Rock" have included Matt Damon, Jerry Seinfeld, Matthew Broderick, Julianne Moore, Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Salma Hayek, Steve Martin and Isabella Rossellini.
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |