Tom Hanks to appear on "30 Rock"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tom Hanks is set to guest-star on "30 Rock," following in the footsteps of fellow Oscar winners such as Whoopi Goldberg and Susan Sarandon.
Details about his appearance on the NBC sitcom were not known. Hanks revealed the casting in an excited Twitter message that read, "I'm on 30 Rock!"
Hanks, who most recently executive produced HBO's Emmy-winning miniseries "The Pacific," got his start on the small screen playing Buffy Wilson/Kip Wilson on the 1980s sitcom "Bosom Buddies."
Other high-profile guests on "30 Rock" have included Matt Damon, Jerry Seinfeld, Matthew Broderick, Julianne Moore, Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Salma Hayek, Steve Martin and Isabella Rossellini.
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist