TEPCO: to sound out residents' views on No. 5, 6 reactors
TOKYO, March 30
TOKYO, March 30 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power , the operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex, said it will sound out the opinions of the government and local residents on whether to continue operating the plant's No. 5 and No. 6 reactors, as well as the companion Fukushima Daini plant.
Tokyo Electric Chairman Tsunehisa Katsumata had said the Daiichi plant's other four reactors, which have been emitting radiation after suffering damage from a devastating earthquake and tsunami, would be scrapped.
The Daiichi No. 5 and 6 reactors and the Daini plant have been safely shut down. (Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data