Italy govt approves anti-takeover measures
ROME, March 31
ROME, March 31 (Reuters) - Italy's government said on Thursday it had authorised economy minister Giulio Tremonti to adopt measures to defend Italian companies in strategic sectors from foreign takeovers.
Dairy group Parmalat (PLT.MI) is covered by the measures, the government said in a statement.
Italy's centre-right government pledged new anti-takeover measures last week as French dairy group Lactalis from tightened its grip on Parmalat.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data