Italy govt approves anti-takeover measures
ROME, March 31
ROME, March 31 (Reuters) - Italy's government said on Thursday it had authorised economy minister Giulio Tremonti to adopt measures to defend Italian companies in strategic sectors from foreign takeovers.
Dairy group Parmalat (PLT.MI) is covered by the measures, the government said in a statement.
Italy's centre-right government pledged new anti-takeover measures last week as French dairy group Lactalis from tightened its grip on Parmalat.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats