Libya top oil official says still in office
LONDON (Reuters) - Libya's top oil official Shokri Ghanem denied reports he had left the country, saying he was still in his office.
"This is not true, I am in my office and I will be on TV in a few minutes," Ghamen said by telephone.
Al Jazeera television said on Thursday that "a number of figures" close to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had left Libya for Tunisia, citing Ghanem as one of them.
(Reporting by Alex Lawler)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia