Libya top oil official says still in office
LONDON (Reuters) - Libya's top oil official Shokri Ghanem denied reports he had left the country, saying he was still in his office.
"This is not true, I am in my office and I will be on TV in a few minutes," Ghamen said by telephone.
Al Jazeera television said on Thursday that "a number of figures" close to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had left Libya for Tunisia, citing Ghanem as one of them.
(Reporting by Alex Lawler)
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default