Libya top oil official says still in office
LONDON (Reuters) - Libya's top oil official Shokri Ghanem denied reports he had left the country, saying he was still in his office.
"This is not true, I am in my office and I will be on TV in a few minutes," Ghamen said by telephone.
Al Jazeera television said on Thursday that "a number of figures" close to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had left Libya for Tunisia, citing Ghanem as one of them.
(Reporting by Alex Lawler)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters