- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Libya top oil official says still in office
LONDON (Reuters) - Libya's top oil official Shokri Ghanem denied reports he had left the country, saying he was still in his office.
"This is not true, I am in my office and I will be on TV in a few minutes," Ghamen said by telephone.
Al Jazeera television said on Thursday that "a number of figures" close to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had left Libya for Tunisia, citing Ghanem as one of them.
(Reporting by Alex Lawler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this