Egypt army denies report that Mubarak left country
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's military council denied on Sunday a report carried by Al Jazeera television channel that former President Hosni Mubarak had left the country for Germany.
Asked whether Mubarak had left Egypt, a source from the military council told Reuters: "No, this is denied."
Mubarak has been staying in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh since being ousted from office on February 11.
The military council said last week that Mubarak and his family were banned from leaving the country.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details