Egypt army denies report that Mubarak left country
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's military council denied on Sunday a report carried by Al Jazeera television channel that former President Hosni Mubarak had left the country for Germany.
Asked whether Mubarak had left Egypt, a source from the military council told Reuters: "No, this is denied."
Mubarak has been staying in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh since being ousted from office on February 11.
The military council said last week that Mubarak and his family were banned from leaving the country.
(Reporting by Marwa Awad)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow