Turkey to sound out Libya sides on possible truce
ANKARA, April 4
ANKARA, April 4 (Reuters) - An envoy from Muammar Gaddafi's government was expected to arrive in Ankara later on Monday, a Turkish foreign ministry official said, as Turkey sought to broker a ceasefire in Libya.
The official said a representative of the opposition was expected to come to Ankara after Libyan Deputy Foreign Minister Abdelati Obeidi, but did not disclose who would be coming from the opposition or when.
"We will talk and see if there is common basis for a ceasefire," the Turkish official said. (Reporting by Tulay Karadeniz; Writing by Simon Cameron-Moore; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East