Interpublic Facebook stake valued at $200-$300 million: report
PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - Advertising group Interpublic Group owns a stake in Facebook that could be valued at roughly $200 million to $300 million, The Financial Times reported.
The exact size of the stake has not been disclosed, but people close to Interpublic say it owns slightly less than a half percent of Facebook, the newspaper said in its electronic edition. Interpublic paid less than $5 million for the stake in 2006, the newspaper said.
Interpublic's stake of 0.4 percent would be worth $200 million, based on a Facebook valuation of about $50 billion, the newspaper said.
Interpublic could not be immediately reached for comment.
(Reporting by Jessica Hall; Editing by Dhara Ranasinghe)
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site