Martelly wins Haiti election: electoral official
PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - Musician Michel Martelly is the winner of Haiti's presidential election, according to official preliminary results, a senior official at the Provisional Electoral Council told Reuters on Monday.
The official, who asked not to be named, spoke before a public announcement expected later on Monday to give the preliminary results from the March 20 run-off vote. (Reporting by Joseph Guyler Delva;Editing by Pascal Fletcher)
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data