U.S. offers free flights out to its employees in Syria
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is offering free flights out of Syria to family members of U.S. government employees, the State Department said on Sunday.
It also advised U.S. citizens in Syria to closely examine their security situation and consider leaving because of anti-government protests.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow