TEPCO: to compensate local govts on radiation, evacuation
TOKYO, April 5
TOKYO, April 5 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Tuesday that it would compensate local governments for damage from radiation and evacuations after a series of accidents at its tsunami-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
A TEPCO official said it had not decided on how many cities, towns and villages it would pay or on the compensation amount.
(Created by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media