TEPCO: to compensate local govts on radiation, evacuation
TOKYO, April 5
TOKYO, April 5 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Tuesday that it would compensate local governments for damage from radiation and evacuations after a series of accidents at its tsunami-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
A TEPCO official said it had not decided on how many cities, towns and villages it would pay or on the compensation amount.
(Created by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official