TEPCO: to compensate local govts on radiation, evacuation
TOKYO, April 5
TOKYO, April 5 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Tuesday that it would compensate local governments for damage from radiation and evacuations after a series of accidents at its tsunami-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
A TEPCO official said it had not decided on how many cities, towns and villages it would pay or on the compensation amount.
(Created by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |