TEPCO: to compensate local govts on radiation, evacuation
TOKYO, April 5
TOKYO, April 5 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Tuesday that it would compensate local governments for damage from radiation and evacuations after a series of accidents at its tsunami-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
A TEPCO official said it had not decided on how many cities, towns and villages it would pay or on the compensation amount.
(Created by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- NYPD Twitter campaign backfires, thousands of negative tweets