- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Obama defends U.S. intelligence strategy in wary Berlin |
- Prosecutors plan more charges against accused Cleveland kidnapper
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
TEPCO: to compensate local govts on radiation, evacuation
TOKYO, April 5 |
TOKYO, April 5 (Reuters) - Japan's nuclear plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co said on Tuesday that it would compensate local governments for damage from radiation and evacuations after a series of accidents at its tsunami-crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.
A TEPCO official said it had not decided on how many cities, towns and villages it would pay or on the compensation amount.
(Created by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this