Two Syrian police killed by gunmen - state TV
BEIRUT, April 5
BEIRUT, April 5 (Reuters) - Two Syrian policemen were shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the province of rural Damascus around the Syrian capital, state television said on Tuesday.
The policemen were carrying out a "normal patrol" when the gunmen fired on them, the television channel said, without giving further details.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad faces the most serious challenge to his 11-year rule from protests which broke out last month in the southern city of Deraa and have spread to other parts of the country.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details