Two Syrian police killed by gunmen - state TV
BEIRUT, April 5
BEIRUT, April 5 (Reuters) - Two Syrian policemen were shot dead by unidentified gunmen in the province of rural Damascus around the Syrian capital, state television said on Tuesday.
The policemen were carrying out a "normal patrol" when the gunmen fired on them, the television channel said, without giving further details.
Syrian President Bashar al-Assad faces the most serious challenge to his 11-year rule from protests which broke out last month in the southern city of Deraa and have spread to other parts of the country.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |