Transocean execs giving safety bonuses to memorial fund
NEW YORK, April 5
NEW YORK, April 5 (Reuters) - Transocean Ltd (RIGN.VX) said on Tuesday that its senior managers are donating their 2010 safety bonuses to a memorial fund to help the families of the 11 workers killed in the explosion of its Deepwater Horizon rig, which caused the BP (BP.L) oil spill.
The donations -- being made by the company's chief executive officer, chief financial officer and three other executive vice presidents -- will exceed $250,000. The company said more than $1.6 million has so far been distributed by the Deepwater Horizon Memorial Fund.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report