Transocean execs giving safety bonuses to memorial fund
NEW YORK, April 5
NEW YORK, April 5 (Reuters) - Transocean Ltd (RIGN.VX) said on Tuesday that its senior managers are donating their 2010 safety bonuses to a memorial fund to help the families of the 11 workers killed in the explosion of its Deepwater Horizon rig, which caused the BP (BP.L) oil spill.
The donations -- being made by the company's chief executive officer, chief financial officer and three other executive vice presidents -- will exceed $250,000. The company said more than $1.6 million has so far been distributed by the Deepwater Horizon Memorial Fund.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB