Democrats don't like GOP plan to postpone shutdown
WASHINGTON, April 5
WASHINGTON, April 5 (Reuters) - A Republican plan that would give negotiators another week to craft a budget deal and avoid a government shutdown is unacceptable to Democrats, a congressional aide said on Tuesday.
The proposal, released late Monday night, would fund the government on a temporary basis for one more week beyond Friday, when current funding runs out. It also would cut $12 billion from current levels.
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia