Olympics-Sochi 2014 winter Games to have six new events
LONDON, April 6
LONDON, April 6 (Reuters) - The 2014 Sochi winter Olympics will have six new events, including women's ski jumping that long campaigned for inclusion, the International Olympic Committee said on Wednesday.
Women's ski jumping, team events for figure skating and luge, ski halfpipe for men and women and biathlon mixed relay were included in the programme for the Olympics at Russia's Black Sea resort.
Several other events would be monitored in the coming months before a decision on their inclusion was taken, the IOC's Christoph Dubi told reporters.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, Editing by Ken Ferris; To query or comment on this story: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions