U.S. Navy fighter jet crashes in California
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - An FA-18 fighter jet crashed on Wednesday near a U.S. Naval Air Station in central California, base officials said.
There was no immediate word on the fate of the pilot, based at the U.S. Naval Station at Lemoore in central California.
A base spokeswoman said emergency crews were at the scene of the crash.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies