U.S. Navy fighter jet crashes in California
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - An FA-18 fighter jet crashed on Wednesday near a U.S. Naval Air Station in central California, base officials said.
There was no immediate word on the fate of the pilot, based at the U.S. Naval Station at Lemoore in central California.
A base spokeswoman said emergency crews were at the scene of the crash.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data