Netflix nabs U.S. rights to stream "Mad Men" reruns
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Mad Men" reruns will start streaming on Netflix in the United States on July 27, the video service and series producer Lionsgate said Tuesday.
Netflix paid nearly $1 million per episode for all seven seasons of the drama -- the four that have already aired on cable channel AMC and the upcoming three final seasons. The deal covers 91 episodes in all.
Each of the final seasons will become available to Netflix's 20 million-plus subscribers only after the entire season has aired on AMC. Season 5 is scheduled to premiere on AMC early next year. Lionsgate and series creator Matthew Weiner announced a new pact for the final three episodes last week after stalled talks delayed start on the new season.
Netflix has been streaming "Mad Men" in Canada since September.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |