Obama to meet Boehner, Reid on budget on Wed. night
NEW YORK (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will meet with Republican House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to discuss ongoing negotiations on the budget at 8:45 p.m. EDT, the White House said.
White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters traveling with Obama in New York that the president called the meeting because too little progress had been made in reaching a budget agreement.
(Reporting by Patricia Zengerle and Jeff Mason, editing by Eric Beech)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow