Quake shakes northeastern Japan, tsunami warning issued
TOKYO (Reuters) - A strong earthquake of magnitude 7.4 shook northeast and eastern Japan late on Thursday, and a tsunami warning was issued for the northeastern coast of Japan, an area badly hit by the March 11 earthquake.
Japan's NHK public television repeatedly said those in areas where the tsunami warnings were issued should evacuate to higher ground.
(Reporting by Chizu Nomiyama; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow