Freddie Mac to sell $3 bln in bills on Monday
NEW YORK, April 8 (Reuters) - Freddie Mac (FMCC.OB) said Friday it plans to sell $3.0 billion of reference bills on Monday.
The scheduled offerings are:
-- $1.0 billion of one-month bills due May 9, 2011 to be sold Monday and settle Tuesday;
-- $1.0 billion of three-month bills due July 11, 2011 to be sold Monday and settle Tuesday; and
-- $1.0 billion of six-month bills due Oct. 11, 2011 to be sold Monday and settle Tuesday.
The bills will be sold over the Internet in a Dutch auction. In such uniform price auctions, successful bidders pay only the price of the lowest accepted bid rather than the actual price as in a conventional multiple-price auction.
Bids will be accepted from authorized dealers from 8:00 a.m. until 9:45 a.m. (Reporting by Caryn Trokie; Editing by James Dalgleish)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter