Ben Affleck eyeing role in "Great Gatsby"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Ben Affleck is in talks to join Baz Luhrmann's all-star adaptation of "The Great Gatsby," which the Australian director is making for Warner Bros.
Leonardo DiCaprio is pegged to play the wealthy and mysterious Jay Gatsby, while Tobey Maguire is playing Nick Carraway, who in the novel is the narrator. Carey Mulligan is playing Gatsby's love, Daisy Buchanan, who is married to a wealthy chap named Tom Buchanan.
Affleck is interested in tackling the role of Buchanan except there's a hitch: scheduling.
Affleck has set his sights as his next directorial effort the political thriller "Argo," which would shoot in September. "Gatsby," which Luhrmann is filming in 3D, aims to start shooting in August.
Both sides are trying to see if the dates can be worked out.
(Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow