Obama trip to Indiana scrapped amid budget battle
WASHINGTON, April 7
WASHINGTON, April 7 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama's trip to Indiana on Friday has been postponed, the White House said, as his aides and congressional leaders continued efforts to reach a budget deal and avert a government shutdown. (Reporting by Jeff Mason and Matt Spetalnick)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'