Nissan: restart problems reported in Leaf electric cars
TOKYO, April 11
TOKYO, April 11 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co has received reports of instances in which owners of its Leaf electric car were unable to restart the vehicle and is looking into the exact cause, a spokesman said on Monday.
Japan's No.2 automaker said it traced the problem back to the vehicle's air-conditioning unit but is uncertain whether it was a component in the system or the programming.
Nissan plans no recall for now since the issue does not affect safety, the spokesman said. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols