Yemen opposition rejects Gulf Arab plan
SANAA, April 11
SANAA, April 11 (Reuters) - Yemen's oppositiom coalition said on Monday it rejects a Gulf Arab plan for a solution to the weeks old political crisis because it guarantees immunity from prosecution for President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
"Who would be a fool to offer guarantees to a regime that kills peaceful protesters. Our principal demand is that Saleh leaves first," a spokesman said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image