Yemen opposition rejects Gulf Arab plan
SANAA, April 11
SANAA, April 11 (Reuters) - Yemen's oppositiom coalition said on Monday it rejects a Gulf Arab plan for a solution to the weeks old political crisis because it guarantees immunity from prosecution for President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
"Who would be a fool to offer guarantees to a regime that kills peaceful protesters. Our principal demand is that Saleh leaves first," a spokesman said.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls