Gaddafi's forces bombard east Libya town outskirts
AJDABIYAH, Libya, April 12
AJDABIYAH, Libya, April 12 (Reuters) - Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi bombarded the western entrance to the rebel-held town of Ajdabiyah in eastern Libya on Tuesday, a Reuters witness reported.
The witness reported about eight blasts, apparently from artillery, around the western entrance. Ajdabiyah, which sits on a junction of routes that lead into the rebel-held east, has been a focus of fierce battles in the past two months. (Reporting by Michael Georgy; Writing by Edmund Blair in Cairo)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image