Amazon to sell cheaper Kindle with built-in ads
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc is now offering a version of its Kindle device for $25 less, but that electronic book reader will include advertising, the company said on Monday.
The new Kindle will cost $114 instead of the usual $139, and will come with special offers and sponsored screensavers.
The first series of specially-designed screensavers will be from brands including General Motors Co's Buick, Procter & Gamble's Olay, and Visa Inc, Amazon said. Special offers will include $10 for a $20 Amazon.com gift card.
The new Kindle is now available for pre-order to customers in the United States and will ship on May 3, the company said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel