MTV Video Music Awards set for August 28 in L.A
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The MTV Video Music Awards will be held in Los Angeles for a second year on August 28, the lifestyle cable network said on Wednesday.
The ceremony, now in its 28th year, will once again take place at the Nokia Theater, where Lady Gaga last year unveiled her "raw meat dress" and Britain's Florence + the Machine delivered their breakthrough American performance.
The 2010 event drew 11.4 million viewers, extending its recovery from a slump that bottomed out at 5.8 million viewers in 2006.
MTV's other big bash, the MTV Movie Awards, will take place on June 5 at the Gibson Amphitheatre, near Hollywood.
(Reporting by Dean Goodman; Editing by Jill Serjeant)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official