FACTBOX-Impact on wildlife from the BP oil spill
(For story on spill anniversary, click [ID:nN14225897])
April 15 (Reuters) - BP Plc's (BP.N) (BP.L) 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico affected bird populations, sea turtles, fish, shellfish and some dolphin
Below is a compilation of visibly oiled or dead animals in the Gulf of Mexico and along the coast collected by state and federal workers and contractors for the oil company.
Not all of the reported deaths were thought to be caused by the oil spill, and the data was last published Nov. 2, 2010.
Visibily oiled Dead Birds: 2,263 6,104 Sea Turtles: 18 609 Mammals: 4 100 Reptiles 1 Total: 2,285 6,814 Source: Data compiled by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. (Reporting by Anna Driver in Houston; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.