- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Shares choppy, dollar steady as Fed meets
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
FACTBOX-Impact on wildlife from the BP oil spill
(For story on spill anniversary, click [ID:nN14225897])
April 15 (Reuters) - BP Plc's (BP.N) (BP.L) 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico affected bird populations, sea turtles, fish, shellfish and some dolphin
Below is a compilation of visibly oiled or dead animals in the Gulf of Mexico and along the coast collected by state and federal workers and contractors for the oil company.
Not all of the reported deaths were thought to be caused by the oil spill, and the data was last published Nov. 2, 2010.
Visibily oiled Dead Birds: 2,263 6,104 Sea Turtles: 18 609 Mammals: 4 100 Reptiles 1 Total: 2,285 6,814 Source: Data compiled by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. (Reporting by Anna Driver in Houston; Editing by Philip Barbara)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this