RPT-Wolverine shuts Spartan line to investigate leak
(Repeats to widen distribution, no change to headline or text)
NEW YORK, April 15 (Reuters) - Wolverine Pipeline Co said on Friday it shut its Spartan products pipeline, which carries up to 30,000 barrels-per-day of refined products from its Stockbridge terminal to Lansing, Michigan and Bay City, Michigan as it investigates a leak near the terminal.
"We haven't determined the source of the leak and the pipeline is shut as a precaution," company spokesman Jerry Johnson said.
A farmer called Wolverine Wednesday evening and reported the smell of gasoline. [ID:nN14193500]
Wolverine transports gasoline from Chicago-area refineries to terminals in Michigan and Northwest Indiana.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |