RPT-Wolverine shuts Spartan line to investigate leak
(Repeats to widen distribution, no change to headline or text)
NEW YORK, April 15 (Reuters) - Wolverine Pipeline Co said on Friday it shut its Spartan products pipeline, which carries up to 30,000 barrels-per-day of refined products from its Stockbridge terminal to Lansing, Michigan and Bay City, Michigan as it investigates a leak near the terminal.
"We haven't determined the source of the leak and the pipeline is shut as a precaution," company spokesman Jerry Johnson said.
A farmer called Wolverine Wednesday evening and reported the smell of gasoline. [ID:nN14193500]
Wolverine transports gasoline from Chicago-area refineries to terminals in Michigan and Northwest Indiana.
(Reporting by Selam Gebrekidan; Editing by David Gregorio)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge