UPDATE 1-NMT Medical says to liquidate assets
* Fires all employees
* Says failed to get financing (Follows alerts)
April 19 (Reuters) - Heart device maker NMT Medical Inc said it will discontinue operations and liquidate assets after it failed to raise additional capital.
The Boston, Masachusetts-based company also said it has fired all its employees.
Last year, the company suffered a setback when its device to prevent stroke in patients with a congenital heart condition failed to meet its main goal of a late-stage trial. [ID: nSGE65G0HX] (Reporting by Kavyanjali Kaushik in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee