Masi Oka lands script deal at Syfy cable network
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Masi Oka is teaming up with writer Alex Sabeti on an "Inception"-esque pilot script for U.S. cable network Syfy.
"The Correctors" follows two agents of the Exceptions Bureau who are dispatched to a parallel universe where they inhabit the bodies of their identical selves in order to stop events from occurring.
The time-travel elements and changing the course of history were key in the plot of NBC's now-defunct "Heroes," where Oka played a Hiro Nakamura, who could bend the space-time continuum.
Sabeti and Oka developed the story and Sabeti will write the script with Oka attached to star and executive produce.
Oka has had a recurring role on CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" this season.
Syfy has become a player in ad-supported cable's scripted arena. Last January's bow of "Being Human" was the net's most successful winter scripted series since "Battlestar Galactica" in 2005. The show, an adaptation of the popular BBC series, averaged 1.9 million viewers per episode.
In July, Syfy will launch a new Monday-night scripted block with new seasons of "Eureka," "Warehouse 13" (Syfy's most-watched series averaging 3.4 million viewers last season) and new drama "Alphas," while "Haven" returns Friday, July 15.
(Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen