At least 88 killed in Syria protests: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces shot dead 88 civilians in confrontations with pro-democracy protesters on Friday, a grouping of activists coordinating the demonstrations said on Friday.
The Local Coordination Committees sent Reuters a list with names of 88 people classified by region that the group said were killed in areas stretching from the port city of Latakia to Homs, Hama, Damascus and the southern village of Izra'a.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media