At least 88 killed in Syria protests: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces shot dead 88 civilians in confrontations with pro-democracy protesters on Friday, a grouping of activists coordinating the demonstrations said on Friday.
The Local Coordination Committees sent Reuters a list with names of 88 people classified by region that the group said were killed in areas stretching from the port city of Latakia to Homs, Hama, Damascus and the southern village of Izra'a.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
- Zach Galifianakis, Louis C.K. comedy show 'Baskets' picked up by FX