At least 88 killed in Syria protests: activists
AMMAN (Reuters) - Syrian security forces shot dead 88 civilians in confrontations with pro-democracy protesters on Friday, a grouping of activists coordinating the demonstrations said on Friday.
The Local Coordination Committees sent Reuters a list with names of 88 people classified by region that the group said were killed in areas stretching from the port city of Latakia to Homs, Hama, Damascus and the southern village of Izra'a.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command