Following are security developments in Iraq as of 2030 GMT on Saturday.
* Denotes new or updated item.
* KIRKUK - An off-duty Iraqi soldier was killed and his wife and child were wounded when a bomb attached to their car exploded in central Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, according to a source in the local police operation center.
* KIRKUK - The body of a man in his 20s was found 15 km (10 miles) south of Kirkuk, according to local police.
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen in a speeding car killed a high-ranking official at Iraq's tax authority in Baghdad's western Jamiaa district, an Interior Ministry source said.
* BAGHDAD - A sticky bomb attached to a car exploded in Baghdad's southern Saidiya district, wounding two civilians, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen using silenced weapons opened fire from a speeding car and killed a civilian employee of the Ministry of Defense in southern Baghdad's Saidiya district, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - Two U.S. soldiers were killed on Friday while conducting operations in southern Iraq, the U.S. military said. It gave no further details and did not specify where the incident occurred.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen in a car, using silenced weapons, killed Mohammed Qassim, an officer with the National Intelligence Service, in his car in western Baghdad's al-Liqa Square, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen using silenced weapons killed Sadiq Shakir, an assistant general manager in the Foreign Ministry, in northern Baghdad late on Friday, an Interior Ministry source said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen in a car opened fire at another car late on Friday, killing the driver and wounding Ahmed Fadhel, a lieutenant-colonel in the Interior Ministry, a source in the ministry said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen in speeding car opened fire at a car belonging to a Housing and Construction Ministry employee in the Doura district of southern Baghdad, police said.
Police found his identification in the car but there was no sign of the worker and it was unclear if he had been killed or kidnapped, police said.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)