UPDATE 1-Morgans Group to sell Los Angeles hotel for $137 mln
* To sell Mondrian in LA to affiliate of Pebblebrook Hotel
* Says will continue to operate hotel under 20-yr deal (Follows alerts)
April 25 (Reuters) - Morgans Hotel Group Co is to sell its Mondrian Los Angeles hotel to a unit of Pebblebrook Hotel Trust for $137 million, the latest in the boutique hotel operator's slew of asset sales as it works to pare its debt.
Morgans, which will continue to manage the hotel under a 20-year agreement, expects net proceeds of about $40 million from the sale, after using a part it to repay $103.5 million of the hotel's outstanding mortgage debt.
Earlier this month, the Morgans group said it would sell two mid-town Manhattan hotels to lodging real estate investment trust FelCor Lodging Trust Inc . [ID:nL3E7F41XT]
Reuters has also reported that the company, which had liabilities of $716.6 million as of Dec 31, has been shopping the Delano in Miami. [ID:nN15234445]
Shares of Morgans Hotel closed at $8.35 on Thursday on Nasdaq, while Pebblebrook shares closed at $8.35 on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Abhishek Takle in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty) ((firstname.lastname@example.org; within U.S. +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S. +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters messaging: email@example.com
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness