UPDATE 1-AvalonBay first-quarter FFO rises
* First-quarter FFO shr $1.08; View $1.05
* Sees 2011 FFO shr meeting or surpassing forecast
NEW YORK, April 27 (Reuters) - Apartment building owner AvalonBay Communities Inc (AVB.N) on Wednesday said first-quarter funds from operations, rose in part on higher rental revenue.
The company reported funds from operations, or FFO, of $1.08 per share, up from 96 cents per share in the year-earlier quarter. The most recent first quarter includes a benefit of 3 cents for share for interest income and a cost of 1 cent a share for East Coast storm damage.
Analysts, on average, expected $1.05 per share, on revenue of $233.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
FFO, a REIT performance measure, removes the profit-reducing effect depreciation has on earnings.
Arlington, Virginia-based AvalonBay said it sees second quarter FFO of $1.06 per share to $1.10 per share. It also said it expects to meet or exceed the high end of the range of its full-year FFO forecast of $4.50 per share to $4.75 per share.
Analysts expected $1.14 per share for the quarter and $4.64 for the year. (Reporting by Ilaina Jonas; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- Obama says does not yet have broad strategy for Islamic State