Moody's first-quarter profit rises year-on-year
NEW YORK, April 27
NEW YORK, April 27 (Reuters) - Ratings company Moody's Corp (MCO.N) posted a higher first-quarter profit as corporate bond issuance increased.
Net income attributable to Moody's Corp rose to $155.5 million from $113.4 million a year earlier, and per-share earnings rose to 67 cents from 47 cents on a diluted basis. Revenue rose to $577.1 million from $476.6 million.
Moody's raised its full-year 2011 earnings forecast to a range of $2.22 to $2.32 per share. (Reporting by Clare Baldwin; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port