Update 1- TriQuint Q1 results meets Street, sees weak Q2
* . Q1 adj EPS $0.15 vs est $0.15
* . Q1 rev $ 224.3 mln vs est $ 224.3 mln
* . Sees Q2 adj EPS $0.16-$0.18 vs est $0.21 (Follows alerts)
April 27 (Reuters) - TriQuint Semiconductor Inc's first-quarter earnings met analysts' expectations, helped by strong demand in the smartphone market, but the wireless communications products supplier forecast lower-than-expected second-quarter earnings.
The company, which makes integrated circuits used in aerospace, automotive, radar and cable TV, expects second-quarter earnings of 16-18 cents per share on revenue of $230-$240 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 21 cents a share, on revenue of $241.27 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company's January-March net income fell to $12.4 million, or 7 cents per share, from $ 13.7 million, or 9 cents per share, last year.
Excluding items, the company earned 15 cents a share.
Revenue rose 24 percent to $224.3 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 15 cents a share, on revenue of $224.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company said its mobile devices quarterly revenue increased 41 percent.
Shares of the company closed at $13.48 down 0.6 percent on Wednesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Rachana Khanzode in Bangalore; Editing by Jarshad Kakkrakandy)
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Putin warns of consequences |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies