German actress may play villain in "Superman" film
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the role of the villainess in "Superman: Man of Steel."
The Warner Bros. movie, deep in casting mode and starring Henry Cavill in the title role, already has one of its bad guys in the form of Michael Shannon ("Revolutionary Road"), who is playing General Zod.
The story calls for a female counterpart although it is unclear if the character's name is Ursa, who appeared memorably in "Superman II" as well as the "Smallville" TV series and the comic books, or Faora, a comic book character. Both are super-powered Kryptonian antagonists.
Traue has no offer but has tested for the role. It is unclear which other actresses have tested. Traue has appeared with Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster in "Pandorum" and has the Renny Harlin action movie "5 Days in August," which also stars Val Kilmer and Rupert Friend, in the can.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act